The Media Operations Specialist is responsible for operating OPB systems while monitoring content for quality and accuracy to deliver a high-quality viewer experience. This position is responsible for digital asset management, maintaining ingest workflows of file-based systems by acquiring, ingesting, and preparing content from a wide range of sources. This position is also responsible for monitoring the status of OPB’s statewide network. This role is part of the Media Operations team, a support team focused on supporting OPB’s content creation infrastructure by managing, monitoring, and distributing content.
This position works indoors on computer-based equipment in OPB’s environmentally controlled technical hub. May be required to work extended periods of time without leaving the work area. Should have a flexible work schedule to support a 24×7 work environment with the possibility of working days, nights, overnights, weekends, and/or holidays. A typical shift for this position lasts around 8 hours working a variable schedule including day and evening shifts.
- One-year professional experience
- Able and willing to learn new technology and comfortable working in a rapidly evolving technological work environment
- Proficient computer skills including the use of standard computer software tools in business applications (Microsoft Office) and effective database skills
- Knowledge and understanding of file formats, specifications, asset management, file transfer and ingest workflows for file-based content
- Ability to manage and monitor the movement and status of data through the ingest and distribution process
- Good with time management, good organizational skills, and a good communicator who enjoys working on a team
- Flexible and adaptable in an ever-changing working environment. Motivated to take on challenges
- Ability to work independently to evaluate situations and creatively solve problems
- Comfortable working on a team that values everyone’s unique outlooks, skills, and experiences to work toward a shared goal
- Enthusiasm for the services and mission of Oregon Public Broadcasting
Preferred (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attitudes):
- Experience with quality control workflows for and file-based ingest operations
- Previous experience working with digital or media asset management systems a plus but not required
The hiring range for this position is between $18 and $22 an hour, depending on qualifications.
Click HERE to apply.
All application materials are due by January 11, 2021 at 8:59 PM Pacific Time.