In Saturday’s action, the 19th-ranked Texas Tech Red Raiders (9-3, 2-2 Big 12) face the Iowa State Cyclones (2-6, 0-4) at Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa for a 4 p.m. ET tip-off. Below, we analyze the Texas Tech-Iowa State college basketball betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Rankings courtesy of Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Texas Tech at Iowa State: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line: Texas Tech -350 (bet $350 to win $100) | Iowa State +280 (bet $100 to win $280)
- Against the spread/ATS: Texas Tech -7.5 (-110) | Iowa State +7.5 (-110)
- Over/Under: 134.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Texas Tech at Iowa State: Three things to know
- The Red Raiders have posted a 7-2 SU mark across their past nine games overall, and one loss was an overtime setback against Oklahoma State, and the other was a one-point loss against Kansas. However, the Red Raiders do enter play on an 0-7 ATS slide.
- Iowa State is skidding lately, dropping each of its first four conference games, while winning just once in the past seven overall. Both of their wins this season have come against SWAC teams Jackson State and Arkansas-Pine Bluff. The Under has connected in three of the past four, and they’re 3-1 ATS in the past four overall.
- Texas Tech’s defense has been tremendous this season, allowing just 57.5 PPG to rank sixth in the country. They’re also 22nd in the nation with a 38.5 defensive field-goal percentage allowed, with the opposition hitting 3-pointers at a 29.2 percent clip.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV. IA and PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM‘s risk-free, first-bet offer! MI residents, BetMGM is coming to your state soon – register early for special promotion.
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Texas Tech at Iowa State: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Texas Tech 72, Iowa State 59
Money line (ML)
Texas Tech (-350) will cost you three and a half times your potential return. While they’re easily the better team here, there is just little reason to risk $3.50 for every $1 won. Look to the spread instead. AVOID.
Against the spread (ATS)
TEXAS TECH -7.5 (-110) is the way to go despite the fact the Red Raiders haven’t covered in seven straight dating back to Dec. 6 against Grambling State.
The favorite has cashed in four of the past five in this series, and TTU is more than overdue to end their skid against the number. Plus, Iowa State +7.5 (-110) is just 1-5 ATS in the past six at home, and 5-16 ATS in their past 21 following a cover in their previous outing.
UNDER 134.5 (-110) is the lean, as the Red Raiders defense has been tremendous this season. They should give the struggling Cyclones fits, even on the home floor of Iowa State. The Cyclones have scored 65 or fewer points in four of the past five games, and they have hit the Under in three of the past four, too.
Want some action on this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.