Part of WTIA’s Startup Program, the virtual Founder Cohort supports seed-stage startups and helps them develop their venture-scale companies over the course of six months. Each company must be headquartered in Washington, have at least one product in development, have an annual revenue of less than $1 million, and made it through WTIA’s application process.
The program is led by a committee of seasoned tech founders and entrepreneurs, including Dave Parker of Seven Peaks Ventures, Susan Preston of SeaChange Fund, and Leslie Feinzaig of Female Founders Alliance & Venture Kits. Each company gets support and guidance through the crucial stages of fundraising, corporate governance and customer development.
“Launching a startup can be a lonely journey, but it doesn’t have to be,” Parker, the board chair for WTIA’s Startup Program, said in a news release. “Speed matters and navigating the ecosystem in six months vs 12-24 months is important when you have limited resources. Connecting to relevant people usually doesn’t happen organically. So, we’ve gathered the relevant resources and experts that founders need to connect to that community and support them on their journey.”
Companies selected for the Founder Cohort include:
- Woven Money – Sunjay Pandey
- Satchl – Cody Myers, Mary Myers
- Edizeven – Shilpi Gupta
- Motis – Richard Beaton, Jennifer Zubeck, Sam Kalk
- TalkSocket – Andrew DeLorenzo, Amy Boes, Chandler Murch, Mike Soderholm
- Metrolla – Adam Szablya, Alexandra Reynolds
- innov8.ag – Steve Mantle
- Mocel – Rosalinda Mendoza
- Web 42 – Heather Kendall, Joe Hammer
- MedVenture App – Emily Cheng, Ryan Cogdill
- LOANtuitive – Dave Siegfried, Erin Green, Jason Maddocks
- Thrive – Raja Mawad, Christopher Chileshe
- Joyroot – Steve Howard, Alison Paige
- Included – Raghu Gollamudi, Chandan Golla, Laura Close
- TartanHUB – Sage Raterman, Chris Doyle
- FreeMō – Leigh Hunt, Brandon Miller
- JumpStartCSR – George Gosieski, George JS Gosieski
- Zeva, Inc. – Kimberly Waite
- Intention Labs – Shawna Ruff, Justin White
- Lurve – Keér Beavers, Ebba Lucander
- SportsTrace – Max Montrey, Alex Gardner
- WhenILeave – Brandon Na
The Founder Cohort is sponsored by Wilson Sonsini; Fenwick & West; NowCFO; Seed Intellectual Property; Pike Place Partners of Morgan Stanley; Clark Nuber; and Madrona Venture Group.
WTIA is a nonprofit organization dedicated to building a strong, sustainable technology sector. On Wednesday, WTIA launched a market accelerator program for Canadian AR and VR startups looking to expand into the U.S. market.